Get Up and Rise Up in the morning with the Northbay UPrising morningshow!Produced by the Gathering of the Tribes [link]. Listen in on your Smart Phone with our Tune-in App [link], on a Desktop with our live U-stream [link], w. chat box [link], with our Live Mp3 stream (.pls) [link], on a Netbook / Laptop [link]. Check out our FM Transmitter Range [link]!* Local weather for Vallejo [link], Napa [link], Santa Rosa [link], Dillon's Beach [link], Walnut Creek [link], Richmond [link]. Good vibrations [earthquaketrack.com/us-ca-vallejo/recent]
* Local Links page with local news portals, and local sports info [link]!
* Ongoing Community Events [link], weekly and monthly
* Farmer's Markets page [link]. Learn how to make your own artisan products [link]!
* Local Food Guide [link]
* Sunrise / Sunset schedule [link]
* "Kite festival to return April 9" (2016-04-01, timesheraldonline.com) [archive.is/gQ5of]
* "Goodie’s passing, new events, top 2015 A&E stories" (2015-01-04, timesheraldonline.com) [archive.is/nGHnd]
* "St. Patrick-St. Vincent’s Emily Thompson is the Athlete of the Week" (2016-02-08, timesheraldonline.com) [archive.is/PbArw]
* "New Greater Vallejo Recreation District website promotes healthy lifestyle" (2016-02-08, timesheraldonline.com) [archive.is/N8VqP]
* "Parcel tax in all 9 Bay Area counties would fund SF Bay restoration plan" (2016-02-10, dailyrepublic.com) [archive.is/xMufk]
Return Preparer Fraud Is on the IRS Annual “Dirty Dozen” List of Tax Scams to Avoid During the 2016 Filing Season [archive.is/ulL8T]
* "Gathering of ‘fed up’ Vallejoans hoping to ‘Stand Together’ " (2016-02-08, timesheraldonline.com) [archive.is/sEXP7]
* "A Trip to the ‘Up-Bay’ in Search of Vallejo’s Burgeoning Art Community" (2016-02-22, kqed.org) [archive.is/foHjg]
* "KQED Impressed with Vallejo's Art Community" (2016-03-04, Vallejo News) [archive.is/AwxAx]:
On February 22, KQED visual arts editor Sarah Hotchkiss and KQED Arts contributor Lakshmi Sarah published an account of their day trip to visit Vallejo's vibrant and varied arts community. Seeking to find out "if Vallejo offers a viable alternative to eking out art practices" outside of San Francisco and Oakland, where housing and studio rents are pushing out artists. After several stops, the authors attest to have "barely scratched the surface," declaring that "Vallejo is the burgeoning art community you're looking for." The duo visited and/or featured:
Super Classy Publishing [superclassypublishing.com], where owners Andy and Katie Rottner make meticulously hand-crafted cloth-covered boxes and limited edition artist books.
Odd Fellows San Pablo Lodge #43 [http://oddfellowsvallejo.org], the city's longstanding chapter of the community-minded social club.
The Hub [thehubvallejo.com/Home_-_The_Hub_Vallejo.html], a multi-purpose space hosting workshops and events, selling artists' wares and providing a gathering space for arts enthusiasts of all ages.
Vallejo Art Walk [vallejoartwalk.com/vallejoartwalk/home.html], which is held the second Friday of every month brings artists, food vendors, musicians and locals to the downtown blocks, joining forces with 31 nearby businesses.
Mare Island Shoreline Historic Preserve [mareislandpreserve.org/MareIslandPreserve/Homepage.html], host of the annual San Francisco Bay Flyaway Festival
Re:Sound [re-sound.net], where sound artist and special education teacher Jen Boyd hosts concerts bringing sound artist luminaries into a cavernous concrete building formerly used by the Navy to store munitions.
Empress Theatre [empresstheatre.org], a fully restored and state-of-the-art 471-seat music and performance venue in the downtown arts & entertainment district.
Coal Shed Studios on Mare Island [http://coalshedstudios.com], where 18 artists pursue their craft and several additional studios are currently under renovation to host retail shops, restaurants and light industrial/manufacturing.
McCune Rare Book & Art Collection [mccunecollection.org], which houses rare and unique books, printing equipment and binding equipment.
Mare Island Brewing Company [mareislandbrewingco.com] with its taproom in the Ferry Building referencing Mare Island's historic past and maker present.
Shoreline Improvements at Lake Chabot
Kids are coming to Lake Chabot soon for the Youth Fishing Derby, and we need to do a little shoreline improvement so they can reach the water. Please join us on Saturday, March 19 from 9 a.m. to noon. Wear sturdy clothes and shoes (waders if you have them), hat, sunscreen, and gloves. We’ll provide water and refreshments, as well as any tools that are needed. We’ll meet at the boat launch ramp in Dan Foley Community Park. Enter the park at the east end of North Camino Alto, off Tuolumne near Sutter Solano Medical Center.
Vallejo Watershed Alliance
P.O. Box 1630
Vallejo, CA 94590
Celebrating Vallejo’s Urban Forest Exhibition
15 commissioned portraits of Vallejo’s Significant Historic Trees by Vallejo Artists
Refreshments will be served Wednesday, March 23, 2016
Third Floor of Vallejo’s City Hall, 3:30 - 6:30 PM
This project was made possible by the V.A.L.U.E. (Vallejo Adds Life to its Urban Environment) Grant funded by CALFIRE
Bring your Friends!
"The Remains of Vallejo’s Train Station: Canary Island Palm Tree growing at the bottom of Lemon Street" painting by Diana Krevsky